Training for individuals who create or interpret engineering drawings: product and gage designers; process, product, and manufacturing engineers; supplier quality engineers; CMM operators; buyers/purchasers; checkers; inspectors; technicians; and sales engineers.
- The datum system, the role of datums, planar datums, restricting degrees of freedom, The importance of sequence, Common datum features.
- Datum Targets, types of datum targets, Symbols, target simulations
- Size datum features, datum indications, datum axis RFS, datum median plane RFS, Datum axis MMR, datum median plane MMR, Datum related vs. feature of size dimensions
- Flatness, tolerance zone, uses for flatness, Envelope and independency effects, interpreting flatness tolerances
- Straightness, tolerance zone, Uses for straightness, Envelope and independency effects, interpreting straightness tolerances
- Roundness, tolerance zone, uses for roundness, Envelope and independency effects, interpreting flatness tolerances
- Cylindricity, tolerance zone, uses for cylindricity, Envelope and independency effects, interpreting cylindricity tolerances,
- Perpendicularity, tolerance zones, Uses for perpendicularity, Applied to an integral feature, Applied to a feature of size RFS, Applied to a feature of size MMR,
- Angularity, tolerance zones, Uses for angularity, Applied to an integral feature, Applied to a feature of size RFS, Applied to a feature of size MMR,
- Parallelism, tolerance zones, Uses for parallelism, Applied to an integral feature, Applied to a feature of size RFS, Applied to a feature of size MMR
- Position tolerance RFS, implied TEDs, Advantages of position tolerances, Modifier usage, Uses for a position tolerance
- What is ISO, why use ISO, working with ISO standards, ISO standards defaults
- Orthographic projection, Elements of dimensions, Display of dimensions, Angular dimensions, Coordinate Dimensioning history and complications
- What is GPS, Features, Three domains
- Geometrical symbols, common symbols, tolerance zones, tolerance frames
- Size, Feature of size, MMS and MMC, LMS and LMC, RFS and RFS rules
- The independency principle and the envelope requirement
- MMR, MMR rules, MMVC, LMR, LMR rules, LMVC, RPR, RPR rules, Collective requirements, Boundary types
- ISO Limits and Fits, terminology, IT grades, Fundamental deviations, Interpretation
- Position tolerance, MMR, LMR, RPR, Collective requirements, Projected tolerance zone
- Coaxiality, Concentricity, Symmetry, Tolerance zones, Uses for each, RFS / MMR effects
- Circular run-out, Total run-out, Tolerance zones, Uses for each, Workpiece deviations affected by each
- Profile any surface, Profile any line, Tolerance zones, Uses for each, Applications of profile tolerances
- ISO general linear and angular tolerances, ISO general geometrical tolerances, Specification of tolerance a class, Workpiece rejection
- Work piece Edges, terminology, Burr, Passing, Undercut, drawing indications / interpretation
- Surface texture, terminology, specifications, 16%rule, Max-rule, 3 profiles, Surface imperfections, 4 types of imperfections, 10 parameters of a surface imperfection.
We Also Consult
In addition to our on or off site training, DMS engineering staffing solutions can provide you with technical assistance.
Dimensional Management Systems
St. Claire Shores, MI, United States
MON - FRI: 8:00AM -6:00PM (EST)